Hack4FI – Hack your Heritage challenge
The target of this challenge is find new interesting solutions and services which are utilizing any kind of open data related to culture, museums, archives, or other cultural heritage. This challenge is open companies and developers from all countries and you can use also other data sets in your challenge work than introduced in Hack4FI site www.hack4FI.
5. -7.2. – Hack4FI – Hack your Heritage hackathon event, Aalto University Design Factory, Hämeentie 135, Helsinki (The event is sold out.)
5.2.-31.3. – 8 weeks of developing period.
21.3. – Business and pitching clinics in Helsinki. To the clinics are welcome all who are interested in to participate in the challenge.
22.3. – FIWARE technology clinic (online)
31.3. – Deadline to submit the challenge proposal
6.-7.4. – Pitching sessions (for project selected after review) in Helsinki (Forum Virium Helsinki office)
13.4. – 25.000 € awards for the five most promising solutions in Hack4Fi gala.
Extra 25.000 € awards for the top 2 solutions are selected in June.
Requirements and selection criteria
In Hack your Heritage challenge we using following criteria.
– novelty value of the solution/ service
– the solution serves a new range of practices/solutions/ perspectives
– solve user needs or problems
– is related to creative industries, cultural heritage or other Hack4FI objectives
– possibilities to create a permanent solution/service
– business potential
– fuctionality of the service
– revenue model
– team (more than one person)
– company (exist if project is selected)
– potential to develop the service also after the competition
– partners/network for development
– project can has have also funding from other sources
#4 Smart, agile and user-oriented
– connection to smart cities
– use at least one FIWARE enabler
– utilize at least one open data set (from any country)
There is also the General Guidelines for Creative Ring Challenge
1) Fill the Creative Ring Challenge application //www.f6s.com/creativering2016hack4fi?ref=challenge
2) Present your idea on Hack your Heritage platform //hackdash.org/dashboards/hack4fi (This site is public and please introduce your work in practical level. Please check also the Hack4FI submitting guidance.)
The Hack your Heritage! submission is open until 31st March.
Tasks for selected projects
In the 1st phase (by the end of June 2016)
– to create a working solution/service
– revenue model for the service or solution
In the 2nd phase (by the end of September 2016)
– piloting of the service
– business plan for next 12 months
Please keep in mind that grants will be distributed as follows in the first phase for up to 5 companies and in the second phase for the best 2 of 5.
1st phase 25 000€
•10 000€: April 2016, when selection is done
• 15 000€: June 2016, when passed the review
2nd phase 25 000€
•10 000€: June 2016, when selection is done
• 15 000€: September 2016, when passed the review
Contact and ask more Kaisa Sibelius kaisa.sibelius (at) forumvirium.fi, +358 40 5701317